emulators/linux-wine: Help in porting to FreeBSD

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 22:55:22 PDT 2006

I'm trying to create a port for emulators/linux-wine, so that we can
at least have wine running on FreeBSD/amd64 using the linuxator.  This
would then silence users who want wine (amd64/104311) to run under
FreeBSD/amd64.

Currently, I am having a problem running linux-wine.  When it is run
as either root or as a user I get the following error:

$ /compat/linux/usr/bin/wine
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: failed to map
segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory

Any idea as to how to solve this problem?

Would anyone be willing to test this port under FreeBSD/i386 and see
if your getting the same error?

I'm also seeing:in /var/log/messages:

Oct 14 00:15:48 hp010 kernel: linux: pid 1351 (wine-preloader):
syscall prctl not implemented

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.