vmware3 on FreeBSD 4.11 and 5.4

Wed Jan 25 22:52:17 PST 2006

"Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

>> > If I start sending out diff -u's is this the place to send them to
>> > get them reviewed and commited?
>>
>> For ports which are maintained by emulation@: yes.
>> For linux ports which are maintained by ports@: you're not wrong here.
>
> Perhaps a PR would be a better idea?  That way all can see it...

For ports maintained by Trevor, I strongly suggest to send a PR (and bug
someone to declare a maintainer timeout on it). For easy reviewable fixes to
ports@ maintained linux ports just send them over here (the list) and I
commit them (as time permits, you may have to wait a day or two).

For emulation@ maintained ports, specially the linux_base-8 port, just send
them to the list and I will review them. A PR doesn't improve the situation,
since I'm the only one who is willing to touch it (mainly because I need to
review it it any case, since I seem to have most of the knowledge how the
linux ports behave/interact... anyone is free to point out deficiencies in
the docs, I will try to explain things then). Even I don't know every detail
like my pocket, so I break the port sometimes too.

1) Never draw what you can copy.
2) Never copy what you can trace.
3) Never trace what you can cut out and paste down.