vmware3 on FreeBSD 4.11 and 5.4

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Wed Jan 25 14:26:07 PST 2006

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:32:08 -0800 (PST)
> "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:
>

> > > Do you intend to participate a little bit again in FreeBSD-land?
> >
> > At least enough right now that I can get a network of 2.x to 4.9
> > machines all update to 5.4p8.
>
> 6.0 seems to work better (for an appropriate definition of "better")
> for a lot of people. And 5.5/6.1 is around the corner (code freeze is
> at the end of month for both branches).

I been working on the migration to 5.x for almost a month, I wont
these ``fixes'' in so that 5.5 might work for us out of the box
for once.  (Ok, never gona happen cause I still maintain a private
version of gated 3.6-pub)

> > If I start sending out diff -u's is this the place to send them to
> > get them reviewed and commited?
>
> For ports which are maintained by emulation@: yes.
> For linux ports which are maintained by ports@: you're not wrong here.

Perhaps a PR would be a better idea?  That way all can see it...

--
Rod Grimes                                                 freebsd at freebsd.org