Minor MIPS tree pruning

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Jan 1 17:50:58 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:51 AM, Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at ddteam.net> wrote:

> Thanks Stanislav, I'm on freebsd-mips@ list :)
>
> I already answer Warner about rt305x dir but have another thing to say:
> We need boards supported by emulators to use for CI tests.
> IIRC, qemu support only Malta MIPS board.
> Not sure about other emulators, but it will be nice to not lost its
> support.

Totally agree on that! I'd love to see better testing tools. qemu has like
3 targets that we might be able to support, but the other 2 wouldn't gain
us that much since they are for hardware older than MALTA. qemu for arm has
like 50 it supports, and we could use half a dozen of them in regression
testing if we were so motivated.

There's other emulators, but none of them stray far from MALTA or something
that's so close to identical as to not be that useful. At least last time I
did a survey. I'd love someone to prove me wrong here :)

Warner