Eclipse 3.5.1

Frank Staals frank at fstaals.net
Thu Dec 31 13:06:41 UTC 2009

On 12/30/09 23:16, Stephane E. Potvin wrote:
> Could you send me more details about the errors along with the eclipse
> log? Subversive should work out of the box as long as you use
> the java backend (I'm using it myself successfully).
>
> Steph

I tried the build again today; First removed both eclipse installations,
~/.eclipse/*  and the .metadata folder in one of my workspaces. And then
did a clean build of the galileo port[1].  Allthough the port installs
fine it seems the last part of the install causes a java exception with
a stacktrace ( http://fstaals.net/junk/eclipse_buildlog.txt ). Then I
started eclipse from commandline. The only error there is when selecting
the workspace:

(.:8046): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times

But that does not seem to be that exiting. The first thing that actually
is weird is that no update sites are available by default. So I manually
added http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo/ and the 'Latest
release' repositories as found on
http://www.polarion.com/products/svn/subversive/download.php?src=eclipse
. The next thing that is weird is that it will only list the available
plugins after I enter a searchterm instead of just when selecting the
update-site. During the process of selecting what I wanted to install
the following error occured:
http://fstaals.net/junk/eclipse_transfererror.log The install of the svn
team provider seemed to go fine though.

Then I restarted eclipse and installed the SVN Connector plugin and the
SVN Kit 1.3.0 implementation and again restarted eclipse.

At this state I should be able to import a project from SVN, however
when I 'File -> 'Import' no 'SVN' folder is availabe. Also after
importing an existing project and using 'Team -> Share project' it
immediately selects the CVS plugin.

If I look at the installed plugins it however tells me the plugins are
installed fine. An ls of the plugins directory in eclipse also lists the
correct parts:

frank at Rena# ls ~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.5.0_946975857/plugins
org.eclipse.team.svn.core_0.7.8.I20091023-1300.jar
org.eclipse.team.svn.help_0.7.8.I20091023-1300.jar
org.eclipse.team.svn.ui_0.7.8.I20091023-1300.jar
org.eclipse.team.svn_0.7.8.I20091023-1300.jar
org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector.svnkit16_2.2.1.I20091009-1900.jar
org.polarion.eclipse.team.svn.connector_2.2.1.I20091009-1900.jar

Yesterday I also added the Visual Editor Plugin, this plugin was also
not recoginzed correctly (Or at least no SWT library came available) so
I think something goes wrong in the plugin manager.

Am I the only one running into such troubles ? Anyway, I hope that this
helps identifying the real problem.

[1] I refetched the patch and noticed the port now used
eclipse-build-0_4_RC4 instead of eclipse-build_0_4_RC1 which failed the
fetch step here, so I manually downloaded it from
http://ftp.kaist.ac.kr/eclipse/technology/linuxtools/eclipse-build/eclipse-build-0_4_RC4.tar.gz

--

- Frank