iicbus ivars and BUS_ADD_CHILD

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Nov 7 14:09:29 PST 2007

In message: <2d1264630711071324s32eda7d7j8d12ccff20df900a at mail.gmail.com>
            "Jason Harmening" <jason.harmening at gmail.com> writes:
: Hi everyone,
:
: I've been looking over the 7.0 iicbus code, and I see that the iicbus
: driver now uses an ivar to store the address for each child device
: (cool!).  The ivar is malloc'ed in the iicbus implementation of
: BUS_ADD_CHILD, but it doesn't ever appear to be freed.  And bus_if.m
: doesn't appear to contain a reciprocal for BUS_ADD_CHILD (e.g.
: BUS_DELETE_CHILD) that would take care of bus-specific cleanup.  Are
: ivars just leaked right now when device_delete_child() is called on
: the child device, or is the caller of device_delete_child() expected
: to free them?

Generally, all callers of device_delete_child() are expected to know.
Where is that being called?

Warner