SDHCI Device Driver (first steps)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 18 07:40:24 PDT 2006

In message: <450E571A.8030200 at sashi.de>
            Marian Asokarajan <mail at sashi.de> writes:
: Hello,
:
: I'm trying to write an universal SD Host-Controller Device Driver,
: which I'd like to contribute to the FreeBSD community.
: So far the driver is able to recognize SD card insertion and removal.
: Via a device node (/dev/sdhci0), it's also possible to dump
: the SDHC's register set.
:
: Could someone please help testing the code ?
: The kernel module and sources can be download here:
: http://www.sashi.de/downloads/freebsd/sdhci/sdhcidd-0.0.1.tbz
: * NOTE: The driver is experimental and might crash your system!
:
: I'm developing it on an ASUS laptop with a RICOH chipset and
: it's the only chipset (beside Texas Instruments) supported.
: Therefore, it would be great to receive a "pciconf -lv" block
: of other SD host controllers.
:
: Thanks for your help.

I'll be happy to do so.

I too am working on the SD/MMC card stack.  I have one boot loader for
the AT91RM9200 working, and have been hacking on a quick and dirty
driver for that part, but it needs to have the transport layer
separated out from the MMC/SD protocol goo.  Maybe we can work
together to produce something that fits both our needs?

Warner