SDHCI Device Driver (first steps)

Marian Asokarajan mail at sashi.de
Mon Sep 18 04:57:18 PDT 2006

Oliver Fromme wrote:
> For which version of FreeBSD is it?  I'm running RELENG_6 on
Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I'm working with 6.0-RELEASE.

> none3 at pci6:9:2: class=0x080500 card=0xc01a144d chip=0x08221180 rev=0x17 hdr=0x00
That's the same config (ricoh chip) as it is in my Asus (A6vm) Laptop,
so it should work perfectly (i hope :) ) with yours!
The driver is only for the SD Bus Host Adapter.

> Zaurus PDA (running Linux), and it would be very nice to
> access it directly with the notebook, without having to use
> a USB cardreader.
That's the same reason why I started working on the driver ;-)
It's a bit challenging to write a device driver on your spare time
with rare documentation, so I cannot promise you anything.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Sashi