Section 1.2.2 "Who Uses FreeBSD?" correction

David Holcomb (dholcomb) David.Holcomb at quest.com
Thu Jun 20 00:37:56 UTC 2019

In section 1.2.2 of the FreeBSD Handbook (https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/nutshell.html), I would like to propose a correction.  The listing for “Dell KACE” needs to be corrected to “Quest KACE” with the URL pointing to https://www.quest.com/kace.  Today, the FreeBSD Foundation made a similar correction on their page https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/freebsd/.

Back in October 2016, Dell decided to sell off the Dell Software Group to venture capitalists wherein we became Quest Software with a separate Business Unit encompassing the KACE product line.  On November 1, 2016 we became Quest Software.  It would be great if you were to correct the attribution in the handbook.

Thanks for keeping FreeBSD at the TOP (my opinion) of operating system choices!

David Holcomb
Software Development Principal Engineer
Quest | KACE
David.Holcomb at quest.com<mailto:David.Holcomb at quest.com>