Interested in helping with documentation

Rocky Hotas rockyhotas at post.com
Thu Sep 20 12:26:49 UTC 2018

Hello!

> Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2018 at 8:17 PM
> From: "Eitan Adler" <lists at eitanadler.com>
> To: Sid <sid at bsdmail.com>
> Cc: "freebsd-doc at freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc at freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: Interested in helping with documentation

[...]

> I will also echo that
> the documentation committers are understaffed.

I'm sorry for that. I tried to do a contribution, submitting a patch for the
entire subsection `29.5.2. Configuring an LDAP Server' of the Handbook.

> I take mentoring new people to be much more
> important than my own commits: if you submit patches I'll try to
> review and commit them ASAP.

Some help and conversation with a contributor like you would have been very
useful for my beginner work (I didn't know very well what to do and who to
ask).
If you still have time to this mentoring, can you give a look to my patch? It
is at

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10600

The text is complete, but is currently not followed by any developer.
Thank you anyway,

Rocky

Further information in

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-doc/2018-September/031470.html