Review of a handbook patch

Rocky Hotas rockyhotas at post.com
Thu Jul 19 18:48:37 UTC 2018

Hi!
This is about the review:

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10600
(patch to LDAP section of the FreeBSD Handbook)

I wrote the text as a newbie, enthusiast user who tried to install an
OpenLDAP server, found some difficulties, and wanted to contribute.

The style was naive and needed several corrections, that has been made
for about the first half, now waiting for a feedback. I don't know
anyone and lack some basic information. In order to avoid further
errors, I would like to ask, about the review process itself:
- Should the configuration presented in the text be tested by someone
other than me?
- The role of the reviewer is only to notice the possible errors in the
style or markup, or can a dialogue/discussion take place?
- Till now, the linked text has been read by several developers, each of
them finding some flaw, but not knowing the "history" of the issues and
their evolution. Is this normal? How does the review process usually get
coordination?

If someone could give some hint, I would be very grateful.
Thank you,

Rocky