The Italian translation has not been updated since 2008

Guangyuan Yang yzgyyang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:00:15 UTC 2018

Danilo G. Baio <dbaio at freebsd.org> 于2018年8月9日周四 上午6:20写道:

> On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 09:55:28AM +0200, Benedict Reuschling wrote:
>
> And we have PR's stuck for years with translations, this discourages any new
> contributor.
>
> What we are trying to do is to work with po files through Zanata, like pfSense
> did.
>
> This is just a test for who is interested:
> https://translate.zanata.org/iteration/view/FreeBSD-pt_BR/test/documents?dswid=7254
>
> There are people willing to help in the translation and this way they won't
> need to deal with svn or to install any tool.
>
> We just need to close a process about this and I'm having a good perspective
> about Zanata.
>
> We could even insert a stage in the translation process where FreeBSD members
> need to check/approve the translations there. [2]

Currently, as the sole doc committer / translator who is working on
zh_CN tree, I really hope we could have web platforms that could
minimize the learning curve for casual translators. I introduced
several enthusiasts to the translation project, but as time passed by
they all gave up even if I already simplified the process for them (to
use git, GitHub and Poedit).

Zanata looks great, I will definitely try it out. Also, I loved the
idea of a stage where FreeBSD members can check / approve the
translation. Please keep me updated and let me know how I could help
with the toolchain.

Guangyuan