Spanish Translation of the FAQ

Federico Caminiti demian.fc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:21:35 UTC 2016

> Thank you!  This message should probably be posted to the
> freebsd-translators list, though.  Other translators have probably
> experienced the same problems.  Or will.
>
> I think some translation teams have lists of translations for common words
> and phrases.

Thanks, I'll move the conversation to that list then.

:

> If you are still in doubt, if your translation is correct, do a short
> test. Grep another spanish-speaking person in the near (no need for them to
> speak english) and let them read your translation. Afterwards (!) ask them
> what they understand. If they get it right, your translation is a good
> basic to start :)

I usually call that the Hallway usability test (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usability_testing#Hallway_testing ). I'll ask
the people I have near.

Thanks!

> There's one over here :-)
>
> I don't have the context, but yeah, that could be:
>
> ¿Qué tan bueno es FreeBSD?
>
> or even better
>
> ¿Qué tan asombroso es FreeBSD?
> ¿Qué tan sorprendente es FreeBSD?

Hi,

I considered those, but the following paragraph is a wordplay that refers
to the temperature (although maybe it was not intended as such). It says
"How cool is FeeBSD?" but then proceeds to talk about the temperature. It's
a half-joking chapter, so there's that :).

Thanks for all the replies!