What is the proper indent style for FDP?

Benedict Reuschling benedict at reuschling.org
Sun Jul 19 14:58:57 UTC 2015

Am 19.07.15 um 00:57 schrieb Warren Block:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2015, Hoyoung Kim wrote:
>> Should I manually indent paragraphs after pressing P?
>
> If the editor does not do it correctly, yes.

It does not do it for the first line in the paragraph, but the rest is
fine. So what I do is I break the line with the <para> in it when the
number of characters per line are exceeded as normal. Then, I indent the
line below the <para> manually. Then, you can hit P and the rest of the
line and all those that follow in that paragraph should indent correctly.
It's not perfect, but still better than nothing, especially when there
are long paragraphs.

> Providing a default editor config does not suggest that editor does
> everything correctly.  vim users might be able to help more.  I have yet
> to find any editor that really does our indenting correctly.  Maybe some
> programming can improve on what vim or emacs does by default.

Yes, that would be great. Having some kind of formatter that
knows/follows our indentation rules would be good to have.