removing 'changes' section from the online edition

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 17:46:44 UTC 2013

On 1 Jun 2013 18:39, "Gabor Kovesdan" <gabor at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Em 01-06-2013 18:26, Eitan Adler escreveu:
>
>> The Preface has a few sections 'Changes from the ____ Edition' which
>> enumerate changes made between print editions of the book.  I would
>> like to drop them from the online edition as they offer little value
>> and are right at the start of the handbook ('prime real estate').
>>
>> They can be retained in the print edition where they offer a little more
value.

>> Does anyone see a reason to keep them in the online version?
>
> No objection from me, I just want to bring it up again that handling
these with a single-source solution would be nice, i.e. using DocBook
profiling. It would also facilitate merges. This basically consists of
adding edition="print" to the affected section of preface and then setting
up profiling. (I can do it, just ping me if there is consensus on this).

I don't see how anyone could disagree with that :)

Is there an "old version" capability there?

Chris