features.xml

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike.levy at axialmarket.com
Thu Jan 24 17:07:20 UTC 2013

Hi Eitan,

I have a fact-checked correction below, I ran this by the freebsd-jail@ list, no reply in 24 hrs.

Would you like me to submit a patch back to list?  (Will get to it this weekend if so.)

--------
ORIGINAL

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-doc/attachments/20130116/695e9547/attachment.obj

I believe this one is wrong, and want to run a correction by this list before I respond:

+	  been implemented.  This is a jail with a virtualized
+	  instance of the FreeBSD network stack and can be created
+	  by using jail(8) command.</li>
      </ul>

----------
CORRECTION

Network Virtualization:
Container named  vimage  has been implemented, extending the FreeBSD kernel to maintain multiple independent instances of networking state.
vimage facilities can be used independently to create fully virtualized network topologies, and jail(8) can directly take advantage of a fully virtualized network stack.

Best,
.ike

--
Isaac (.ike) Levy
Infrastructure Engineer, AxialMarket Corps of Engineers

AxialMarket
45 East 20th Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10003
cell: (917) 667-6270

ike.levy at axialmarket.com

www.axialmarket.com
The largest network of active deal professionals in the world.