translating a BSD documentation page

Taras Korenko ds at ukrhub.net
Sun Apr 28 21:38:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:15:49AM -0400, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 11 April 2013 11:00, Taras Korenko <ds at ukrhub.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 05:12:42AM -0700, Fabio Bovelacci wrote:
> >> Dear FreeBSD doc mailing list,
> >>
> >> I'd like to translate one of your documents in italian. (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/bsdl-gpl/article.html)
> >> Where do I send it after the translation? Should I send it back to you to be submitted to the FreeBSD page?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your reply.
> >
> >   Try to join The FreeBSD Italian Documentation Project:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/translations.html#italian .
>
> +1.
>
> If you don't get a reply there let us know, and provide the
> translation to the mailing list.

  The following conclusion is based solely on VCS commit activity in
it_IT.ISO8859-15/ branch of our doc/ repository.  It was not intended
to blame anyone.  r38820 was taken as a reference point (that revision
is equivalent to the last CVS commit to the doc repo [1]).

  There were no commits for >= 5 years [2] marked as 'Obtained from The
FreeBSD Italian Documentation Project'.  That may indicate inactivity of
translation team.

  If so, then
I.  I apologize for providing incorrect advice;
II. Fabio, my opinion: you might try to join FDP team directly and/or
to start Italian Documentation Project by your own.

--

1. http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/subversion-primer.html
2. http://pastebin.ca/2369093

--