docs/172367: ata(4) man page needs an updated for Blu-Ray

Ronald F.Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Oct 5 19:10:13 UTC 2012

>Number:         172367
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       ata(4) man page needs an updated for Blu-Ray
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE

The ata(4) man page should be updated to take account of Blu-Ray drives.

Specifically, the line just above the line that says:

	device atapicd

should probably mention Blu-Ray drives, and also, in the FILES section, the
following line should be updated to mention both DVD and Blu-Ray:

     /dev/acd*               ATAPI CD-ROM device nodes

Other references to CDROM/DVD should also be updated.

>How-To-Repeat:

man 4 ata

>Fix:

See above.

(I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the existing ata driver will most
probably read Blu-Rays just fine.  However if not, then THAT fact should
most certainly be documented in the ata(4) man page.)