top navigation menu

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 5 12:32:45 UTC 2009

Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> On 2009.07.05 12:09:20 +0200, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
>> Daniel Gerzo wrote:

>>> FYI it works completely fine with Firefox 2.0.0.20.
>> I also tested with latest Safari on OS X Leopard where it works okay. I
>> have also been told that the KDE browser works w/o problems too.
>>
>> So do you guys have any objections against me committing it?
>
> I just tried it in Firefox where the bullet points between the items
> show up - I think that's a regression as compared to the old vertical
> bars which are much less 'visually intrusive'.  I don't really see the
> point with that change?

Initially, I was trying with the gray bars, but later I have found out
that the page renders badly[1] in IE6 with those. Therefore I decided to
switch to bullets, which IMO look pretty nice in "modern" browsers and
in IE6 they are not displayed at all, so a pretty good alternative.

However, if you guys think the bullets look too 'visually intrusive', I
am fine to switch back to gray bars (actually I already did to create
tie IE6 screenshot, but it's a matter of two lines in css to swich back
again :))

BTW the diff is at http://people.freebsd.org/~danger/menu.diff

[1] http://danger.rulez.sk/ie6.png

--