Handbook Partition size recommendation

Christopher G D Tipper chris.tipper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:01:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-steps.html

At the moment you are recommending a 512MB partition for root ('/'). I
have found this to be inadequate and I don't know how to resize
partitions. If you recompile the kernel, backup GENERIC etc. you will
quickly run out of space I have found. I think the figure should be
changed to 1GB.

Also you have no recommendation on 'home'. This seems to be an
oversight, as it makes the recommended size for root even more inadequate.

This email is for information only. I will not be responding to any replies.

Christopher