svn commit: r186737 - head/sbin/geom/class/virstor

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 4 17:57:25 UTC 2009

Hello Hiroki,

> Daniel Gerzo <danger at freebsd.org> wrote
>   in <287359450.20090104174842 at rulez.sk>:

da>> Hello Christian,
da>>
da>> Sunday, January 4, 2009, 4:58:32 PM, you wrote:
da>>
da>> > While using .Ex is good, collapsing EXIT STATUS into DIAGNOSTICS is not.
da>> > EXIT STATUS is a standard section in our manpages and it's orthogonal to
da>> > DIAGNOSTICS.
da>>
da>> I am fine to revert this part, however I have trimmed this section
da>> just because I didn't see it listed in the PAGE STRUCTURE DOMAIN
da>> section of the mdoc(7) manual page.
da>>
da>> Interestingly, it lists the DIAGNOSTICS section and explicitly
da>> says that .Ex macro should be used there.

>  Is using .Ex macro really correct?.  When geom(1) fails the exit
>  status will be 1, not >0.  While many commands whose manual page says
>  so return 1 on an error actually (especially when it is in POSIX),
>  the two are not the same at least.

I thought that 1 > 0 ... (?)

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger at FreeBSD.org