svn commit: r186737 - head/sbin/geom/class/virstor

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 4 17:52:07 UTC 2009

Daniel Gerzo <danger at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <287359450.20090104174842 at rulez.sk>:

da> Hello Christian,
da>
da> Sunday, January 4, 2009, 4:58:32 PM, you wrote:
da>
da> > While using .Ex is good, collapsing EXIT STATUS into DIAGNOSTICS is not.
da> > EXIT STATUS is a standard section in our manpages and it's orthogonal to
da> > DIAGNOSTICS.
da>
da> I am fine to revert this part, however I have trimmed this section
da> just because I didn't see it listed in the PAGE STRUCTURE DOMAIN
da> section of the mdoc(7) manual page.
da>
da> Interestingly, it lists the DIAGNOSTICS section and explicitly
da> says that .Ex macro should be used there.

 Is using .Ex macro really correct?.  When geom(1) fails the exit
 status will be 1, not >0.  While many commands whose manual page says
 so return 1 on an error actually (especially when it is in POSIX),
 the two are not the same at least.