docs/130151: The adding_user(8) man page should be moved to section 7

Marian Cerny jojo at matfyz.cz
Sun Jan 4 09:20:02 UTC 2009

>Number:         130151
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       The adding_user(8) man page should be moved to section 7
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The adding_user(8) man page describes the process of adding a new user, so it should be probably placed into the section 7 (miscellaneous information pages), because there is no *utility* adding_user.

The HISTORY section of the adding_user(8) man page contains the following text:

    The adding_user utility appeared in 3.0BSD.

However there is no adding_user *utility*, so a different wording should be used. Probably something like:

    The adding_user manual page first appeared in 3.0BSD.

(Or without the word "first" if we don't know.)

Also the BUGS section probably does not give any sense and should be removed. For example intro(*), security(7) or hier(7) do not have the BUGS section.
>How-To-Repeat:
check the adding_user(8) manual page
>Fix:
1. move the man page to section 7
2. use different wording in HISTORY section
3. remove the BUGS section