conf/121871: ftpd does interpret configuration files as documented

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Thu Mar 20 09:40:04 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR docs/121871; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vadim Goncharov <vadim_nuclight at mail.ru>
To: Josh Webb <joshwebb at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: conf/121871: ftpd does interpret configuration files as documented
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:39:07 +0600

 Hi Josh Webb!

 On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:47:19 GMT; Josh Webb <joshwebb at gmail.com> wrote:

 > 3) A single line in ftpd.conf:
 > chroot all %d
 > The documentation seems to indicate that this should match all users and chroot them to their home directories.
 > I have not been able to get any results from the chroot command in ftpd.conf

 May be you're trying to use ftpd.conf with ftpd(8), but actually there are TWO
 ftp daemons in base system, and ftpd.conf(5) man page is for lukemftpd(8).
 The latter is obtained from NetBSD and more featureful, but does not support
 sendfile(2).

 This can be not only documentation problem, but a buildworld config too, as
 about two daemons installed at the SAME time.

 --
 WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
 [Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]