network-dns

Brad Davis brd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 26 02:44:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Tom Rhodes <trhodes at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:40:24 -0300
> franco at xablo.com wrote:
>
>> Hi, on freebsd 7, the dns setted up on this page will not work
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/network-dns.html
>>
>> because there is needed to comment a default line which does not
>> allow foreign querys (only allow localhost at 127.0.0.1)
>>
>> Also, the ftp configuration there
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/network-ftp.html
>>
>> is not working on freebsd 7.  following the steps you will never get
>> connected at
>>
>> % ftp localhost
>>
>> Let me know.
>
> It would be neat if we could have some kind of implemented
> "known handbook issues" which is completely separate from the
> various PR listings in gnats.  I'm sure that some data
> easily becomes stale, and there are probably sections which
> require written still.
>
> But now I'm probably bleeding into more of an unreasonable
> area since we could probably just grep through the doc PRs
> and find some of the stale data listed.

I was just thinking we should put a chart on the wiki with all the
different sections and date/name. So we could have
committers/volunteers can say I have gone through section X and
verified the directions are valid against $LATEST_RELEASE_X and
$LATEST_RELEASE_Y.

Anyone think there would be any validity to setting this up?

Regards,
Brad Davis