network-dns

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 25 23:09:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:40:24 -0300
franco at xablo.com wrote:

> Hi, on freebsd 7, the dns setted up on this page will not work
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/network-dns.html
>
> because there is needed to comment a default line which does not
> allow foreign querys (only allow localhost at 127.0.0.1)
>
> Also, the ftp configuration there
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/network-ftp.html
>
> is not working on freebsd 7.  following the steps you will never get
> connected at
>
> % ftp localhost
>
> Let me know.

It would be neat if we could have some kind of implemented
"known handbook issues" which is completely separate from the
various PR listings in gnats.  I'm sure that some data
easily becomes stale, and there are probably sections which
require written still.

But now I'm probably bleeding into more of an unreasonable
area since we could probably just grep through the doc PRs
and find some of the stale data listed.

--
Tom Rhodes