25.8.5.2.2 apache php

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Thu May 3 01:47:04 UTC 2007

G'day,

I was trying to follow this (in FreeBSD 62) and it wouldn't work.
However, I did find this :

’m recompiling PHP5 on my server to add PostgreSQL support, and
couldn’t figure-out why all of the various mod_php* ports had
disappeared from the ports/www. Turns out you need to enable PHP to
do its own Apache support now. To have PHP build an SO for Apache:

bash-2.05b# cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
bash-2.05b# make config

Select the check box that mentions Apache, and you should be good to go.

Don’t forget to do the same steps in lang/php5-extensions to install
things such as MySQL support if you’re upgrading or installing PHP5.

Should the hand book be updated (do you want me to do it, and if so,
how do I do that)

cheers

Ben

--