recommended size of root partition

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Sun Jul 1 20:05:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Ben Kaduk wrote:

BK> > BK> Thanks!  What command did you use to do the decompression (and what
BK> > BK> was the source from which to decompress)?  I figured that doing an
BK> > BK> extraction would be the best way (since it directly tests the object
BK> > BK> in question), but I couldn't come up with something quick.

[snip all other]

For quick estimation without instalation media, you can use jail install
procedure:

export DESTDIR=/path/to/jail (or setenv in [t]sch)
mkdir -p ${DESTDIR}
cd /usr/src
make installworld distribution installkernel

which gives you copy of freshly installed system ready for jail run...

Sincerely,