NEED HELP

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Tue Jan 16 22:39:12 UTC 2007

Ata Rehman Alvi <ata.alvi at giant-stores.com> writes:

> I AM A NEWBIE FOR UNIX PLATEFORM, AND I DONT KNOW ABOUT FTP DOWNLOADING
> IDEA. WOULD U TELL ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD FREE BSD UNIX AND HOW TO INSTALL, I AM
> HAVING NO RESPONSE WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD. AND IN DOCUMENTATION I CANT FIND
> MUCH HELP

>From the headers in your message I am guessing you are located in
Saudi Arabia.  Unfortunately the Saudi Arabian mirror site listed at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html
appears not to contain any FreeBSD material, but that page contains
both ftp and http links to sites where you can download useful FreeBSD
material, including of course all files needed to install the system.

The best advice i can give is to see if you can find a mirror site
which gives reasonable download speeds to where you are, browse the
handbook and perhaps check the freebsd-questions at freebsd.org mailing
list for clarifications and installation advice.

Good luck,