The handbook is fantastic

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Thu Feb 8 17:50:58 UTC 2007

+----[ Nathaniel <naptrel at yahoo.co.uk> (08.Feb.2007 14:27):

| Hello dedicated documenters,
|
| This is a quick email to thank everyone involved in compiling the
| FreeBSD Handbook for your hours of effort.
|
| The handbook allows an administrative novice like me to fully
| configure a robust, secure FreeBSD server from start to finish.
|
| With the fragmentation of Linux, each branch having subtle
| conventional differences and idiosyncrasies, it was the cohesive
| FreeBSD approach, to which the Handbook is an important contributor,
| that swung me to FreeBSD. It's unix as it should be!
|
| Thanks again
|
| Nathaniel

+----]

Nathaniel,

welcome to FreeBSD. Some time ago I also met FreeBSD and
this same thing you're noticing (the cohesive/integrated
approach) and the excellent documentation (both in
books/articles but also in the man pages) were the things
that most impressed me.

A bit late in my case, but I second you in giving a big
thanks to the docproj contributors (both past and current).

Fernan