Wireless Network / WPA / ipw

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Feb 5 20:27:15 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 06:33, Szilveszter Adam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 11:12:53PM +0100, Wouter vanderPloeg wrote:

> > 2) NO CONNECTION WITH "NO BROADCAST"
> > It seems NOT possible to get a connection when the AP if that is set
> > on NO Broadcast.
>
> This used to be a problem with iwi too but eventually got fixed.
> Ipw may be affected as well.

I remember this problem.  It was fixed in rev. 1.40 of if_iwi.c for
iwi(4).  In short this means there is probably something like:

        error = ipw_cmd(sc, IPW_CMD_SET_ESSID, ic->ic_des_essid,
            ic->ic_des_esslen);

missing.  Where to add this is yet unclear.  What would be required in
order to find this, is a log with IPW_DEBUG defined and debug.ipw set
while trying a directed scan e.g. with wpa_supplicant.

See the following thread for details on the iwi(4) problem:
http://freebsd.rambler.ru/srch?sort=0&site=47F1DA13

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org