docs/87351: Jail building instructions don't work as described with default CSH shell

Eli K. Breen bsd at unixforge.net
Wed Oct 26 21:02:01 UTC 2005

I realize I may be opening a can of worms, but as I agree with you on
the usefulness of csh(1), why do we continue to use csh as the default
shell being that I'd hazard most sane mortals use sh or bash?

I would definitely prefer to have both sets of instructions, but
honestly given one line needs to be changed ever so slightly, it would
look silly to reproduce the entire script multiple times with only that
change.

If you prefaced the script with "This script is optimized for csh, see
below for other shells" and then just list the optimal way to export
env. vars. for the other popular shells.

D=/foo;export (sh)
export D=/foo (bash)

-E-