docs/87698: No manual entry for rc.conf.local

Marian Cerny jojo at matfyz.cz
Thu Oct 20 07:30:16 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/87698; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marian Cerny <jojo at matfyz.cz>
To: Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/87698: No manual entry for rc.conf.local
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:23:16 +0200

 Sorry, I probably don't understand links to manual pages. It's just
 strange to me, that there is no manual page for rc.conf.local, although
 rc(8) is describing it -- it is in the SYNOPSIS of rc(8) manual page.
 But if it is ok, this bug can be closed.

 I don't think the description of rc.conf.local in rc.conf(5) is better
 than in rc(8):

      The file /etc/rc.conf.local is used to override settings in /etc/rc.conf
      for historical reasons.  See the rc_conf_files variable below.

 --
 Marian Cerny