docs/87698: No manual entry for rc.conf.local

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Oct 20 04:20:21 UTC 2005

The following reply was made to PR docs/87698; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net>
To: Marian Cerny <jojo at matfyz.cz>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/87698: No manual entry for rc.conf.local
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:12:39 -0700

 I don't get this PR.  rc(8) says of rc.conf.local:

      The rc.conf file contains the global system configuration information
      referenced by the startup scripts, while rc.conf.local contains the local
      system configuration.  See rc.conf(5) for more information.

 I suppose we could add a link for rc.conf.local in rc.conf(5), but it
 seems pretty pointless.  I'd be more inclinded to delete refrences to
 rc.conf.local myself.

 -- Brooks