FAQ Updates

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Oct 6 20:38:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 01:49:18PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> I am occasionally tempted to write up a "top ten most frequently asked
> questions on freebsd-questions" list.

Please do so!

> I think the FAQ should literally be a collection of Frequently Asked
> Questions and their answers.  One of the problems we have is that
> there is no obvious place to put short answers to *in*frequently asked
> questions.  Particularly "how do I" questions.

The problem is that the FAQ is trying to do to too many things.  I'm
open to suggestions.

Perhaps the technical questions really belong in a knowledge base or a
wiki or some other resource.  Casting them into an SGML file is too high
a barrier of entry for a lot of people, and with that high barrier, things
do not tend to get updated, either.

mcl