FAQ Updates

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Oct 6 17:08:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 09:50:47AM -0400, Jordan Sissel wrote:
> The handbook would be an excellent place for such information! Great way
> to consolidate most of the "how to use FreeBSD" information even better
> into one location. Etc, etc. Preaching to the choir, eh?

Yeah, really this has been discussed several times in the past and there
are several people who want things to head in this direction, but each
of them has other higher-priority items.  (read: I personally am way to
overcommitted to do this ...)

> Would the FAQ work like this, then?

> Q: How do I do *foo*?
> A: Check out *this* (with a happy link) entry in the handbook!

Well, my own view (which may be a minority one) is that the FAQ should
be more like:

Q: What are (the goals|the development process|<xyz>) of the FreeBSD
   Project?