Email addresses in mailinglist archives

Florian Nigsch fn211 at cam.ac.uk
Sun May 8 16:02:57 UTC 2005

Dear All,

[I am not subscribed to the list, please CC any replies to me. Thank
you very much.]

In times of ever and ever more spam, I am really concerned about my
email address being able to be found on the internet in its useable
(not descrambled) form. I just googled for my email address (flo at
nigsch com) and found it several times in the archives of the
freebsd-questions mailinglist (among some other mailinglist archives),
to which I used to contribute some years ago.

I wanted to ask you if it was possible or if you have any plans, to
convert all the email addresses in the archives in some format that
makes it more difficult for robots to get hold of them? It's not only
my personal interest that I asking for this.

Thank you very much for your consideration,

Florian Nigsch