XML build infrastructure in www and doc tree

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 16 19:09:05 UTC 2005

Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> On 2005.07.17 01:01:17 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
>

>> I would like to commit the attached patch to simplify XML build
>> infrastructure in the www and doc tree.  Currently we do not have
>> a consistent way to use xsltproc for rendering HTML from XML and
>> XSLT document, so Makefile becomes complex and the localized
>> directories have to contain duplicate copy of the Makefile which
>> includes the build rules themselves unnecessarily.
>

> I like the idea a lot.
>
> From a quick look through the patch it seems good and seems like it
> simplifies things in the directory Makefiles.
>
> One minor nit is that you use "." as a sepearator in makefile
> variables - I would suggest using "_" for consitency with src/
> (e.g. bsd.files.mk), but if you prefer "." thats OK with me.

Hi,

I also think it looks okay, Just one notice though;
i saw some entries as file:// is that correct? It seems
that we can just use /path/target or something similiar :-)

Cheers,
Remko

p.s keep up the good work :)

--
Kind regards,

      Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
      FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org
      Reporter DSINET            ** remko at DSINet.org
      Founder Tienervaders       ** remko at tienervaders.org