XML build infrastructure in www and doc tree

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 16 18:26:35 UTC 2005

On 2005.07.17 01:01:17 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:

>  I would like to commit the attached patch to simplify XML build
>  infrastructure in the www and doc tree.  Currently we do not have
>  a consistent way to use xsltproc for rendering HTML from XML and
>  XSLT document, so Makefile becomes complex and the localized
>  directories have to contain duplicate copy of the Makefile which
>  includes the build rules themselves unnecessarily.

I like the idea a lot.

From a quick look through the patch it seems good and seems like it
simplifies things in the directory Makefiles.

One minor nit is that you use "." as a sepearator in makefile
variables - I would suggest using "_" for consitency with src/
(e.g. bsd.files.mk), but if you prefer "." thats OK with me.

--
Simon L. Nielsen