OpenOffice 1.0 Output format for DocBook Slides

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Tue Aug 16 09:46:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 12:41:08PM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 08:36:49PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> >
> > On 15 Aug 2005, at 03:25, Murray Stokely wrote:
> >
> > >I've written a stylesheet to output OpenOffice 1.0 / StarImpress
> > >presentations from the contents of a DocBook Slides XML file, such as
> > >those in /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/slides.
> > >
> > >The output is much better than either the HTML or PDF outputs.  An
> > >example presentation generated completely from the makefiles and
> > >xsltproc is available at http://people.FreeBSD.org/~murray/slides.sxi.
> > >
> > >This new output format is the fastest to generate, requires the fewest
> > >special software programs to be installed (only xsltproc and
> > >openoffice), and creates by far the best output.
> >
> > Hey Murray, does it require openoffice to be installed in order to
> > build the document?
>
> No it does not.

In that case I don't know what you're waiting for ;-)

> The current doc.slides.mk makefile is not OBJDIR clean and is a bit
> simpler and less robust than the other doc makefiles.  I'll have to
> make sure it stands up to the full web build before turning it on.

Hmm, I'm not sure that any of the doc build is OBJDIR clean.  I'll admit
that it's been a long time since I've tried it, but I remember des
mentioning it at EuroBSDCon last year and I've seen no commits that look
like they might have fixed it.

Ceri
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)