[Please review] Structure of the Handbook's Simplified Chinese translation

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Sat Sep 18 07:09:40 UTC 2004

Hi, Giorgos,

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 07:40:55PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:40:55 +0300
> From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org>
> To: Xin LI <delphij at frontfree.net>
> Cc: doc at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: [Please review] Structure of the Handbook's Simplified Chinese translation
>
> On 2004-09-17 23:05, Xin LI <delphij at frontfree.net> wrote:
> > Here is the Simplified Chinese translation source (SGML, etc) files for
> > review. [...]
> > And an extracted version:
> >
> > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/doc/
>
> If you are referring to large chunks of English text that are left
> intact then yes, remove it before committing.  Leaving the original text
> unchanged only to completely replace it a few weeks later is going to be
> a waste of disk space at the repository servers (and the CVSup mirrors,
> and the bandwidth used by those who use the mirrors, and the disk space
> of local copies of the CVS tree, etc).

[...]
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> Great job!  Keep up the good work :)))

I would say "Thank you very much" for your suggestions.

For the wrapping issue - I have noticed this too late as the newly translated
sections were mostly well-wrapped.  I will manage to do the clean-ups as soon
as possible :-)

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.