2.12 Advanced Installation Guide (Headless Install)

Aaron Gibson aaron at the-gibsons.org
Tue Sep 14 17:58:08 UTC 2004

Ceri-

I did have to do one other step.  Placing the /boot/loader -h line in the
boot.config file on the floppy did direct output to the serial console, but
I had to manually modify the /etc/ttys file to enable login from the serial
console.  I couldn't find a way to do this during the install or post
install configuration of the box.  So, I did have to reboot with a screen
and keyboard to make the modification of the /etc/ttys file.

Thanks
Aaron