Update to my review request (New content and changes)

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 16 22:39:32 UTC 2004

On 2004.06.16 17:53:15 -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:

I only looked at the manual pages for now...

> New manual pages:

> cm.4

> .Bl -item -compact
> .It
> SMC90c26
> .It
> SMC90c56
> .It
> and SMC90c66 in '56 compatibility mode.

s/and// - IMO since it's a list, not normal text.

>.Sh IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
> The
> .Dv IFF_LINK0
> flag is used to switch between
> .Tn RFC 1051
> mode and
> .Tn RFC
> 1201 mode connectivity.
> The default is
> .Tn RFC
> 1201, or category five cable with

RFC is normally not marked up with Tn.  There are also several other
places where .Tn is used, where I at least wouldn't have done that.

> esp.4

> and certain types of Parallel port hardware.

Should that be capital P in Parallel ?

> .Sh AUTHORS
> This manual page was written by
> .An Tom Rhodes Aq trhodes at FreeBSD.org
> in place of porting the original from
> .Nx .

The "in place of" sounds a bit odd to me...

In rc.4 there are a few long (>80 chars) lines.

snc.4 also has a lot of .Tn uses...

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team