[REVIEW REQUEST] New MAC chapter; new article; new manual pages

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 14 18:00:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:40:04 -0400
Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> Tom Rhodes <trhodes at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > Also, a new article about configuring the relaydelay (ya'know,
> > the greylist stuff) on FreeBSD with Sendmail.  I know, the
> > first and only title is goofy but I hope that others will
> > add on to this article their experiances with other MTAs
> > (Bill Moran?).  That is located here:
> >
> > http://people.FreeBSD.org/~trhodes/relaydelay
>
> Are you asking me to write an equivalent document using Postfix?

No, I'm telling.  :P

> I'd be happy to do it, but it may take me a week or more.

It can be added later on, we have time.

> Your article looks good.  The only difficulty I find in putting
> together a howto on greylisting, is it's tough to do so without
> picking my "favorite" software.  There's a number of MTAs and
> each has its own method of greylisting, and there are a number
> of implementations of greylist back ends.

That is why I hoped you could cover Postfix.  I've never used
Postfix because Sendmail comes in the base and that is what
I tried this on.  I don't expect you or anyone for that matter
to be an expert on every MTA with regards to certain features
they provide;  let alone be configured with.

> If you think an article for Postfix is in order, let me know
> and I'll put it together and push it your way to clean up my
> SGML and the like.

Well, not an entire article.  We can just tack the Postfix
part on to this one.  If you can find the time to do it
or at least send some notes my way then we'll put it together.
Otherwise we can do it after I commit.  Thanks for the review!

--
Tom Rhodes