Creating an Admin Handbook

Denis Peplin den at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 19 17:28:05 UTC 2004

Hello!

Murray Stokely wrote:
<skip>
> I can perform all of this work, ask for the repo copies, update all
> cross links between chapters to use new entities to link between
> volumes, and update the prefaces and frontmatter for both volumes.  I
> can do this in a single day so as to minimize disruption for others
> working on the Handbook(s).  The preface and frontmatter of the
> index.html at www.freebsd.org/handbook would contain a prominent
> pointer to the new volume so that people looking for content can still
> find it easily.
<skip>

Currently we have one small problem with links between books -
relative and absolute links. For example, in printed version of
Handbook I see something like: ../faq/some_url.html

Some work was recently done by hrs to solve this issue (Thanks again,
Hiroki!), but this work is not completely done.

Probably it will be better to solve this issue before handbook
splitting rather than after.

Initial support for urls entities can be simple (see attachment)