docs/61625: Wrong maximal UID and GID in Handbook, section 8.2

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 20 16:21:06 UTC 2004

On 2004.01.20 15:50:29 +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
>
> > How about the attached patch?  This is an introduction section/chapter,
> > so I don't think there should be too many details, since it's not
> > relevant to most people anyway.
> >
> > The warning is more or less copy/pasted from pwd_mkdb(8).
>
> If you give the warning and mention that the UIDs can be larger, you
> should also document how large they actually can be.

I just commited the patch I posted here with the addition of the real
maximum value (4294967295) and the minor fix by Ceri.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team