docs/61625: Wrong maximal UID and GID in Handbook, section 8.2

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Tue Jan 20 14:51:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

> How about the attached patch?  This is an introduction section/chapter,
> so I don't think there should be too many details, since it's not
> relevant to most people anyway.
>
> The warning is more or less copy/pasted from pwd_mkdb(8).

If you give the warning and mention that the UIDs can be larger, you
should also document how large they actually can be.

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Vienna University Computer Center      Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
University of Vienna                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/