Request for help: "DTD did not contain element declaration for document type name"

Bruce A. Mah bmah at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 16 19:48:29 UTC 2004

If memory serves me right, Ceri Davies wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:55:20AM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> > Arrrgh.  I'm obviously doing something stupid but I haven't figured
> > out what it is yet.  Can someone give me a clue?
> >=20
> > I built up a new workstation using a fairly recent -CURRENT (from
> > about a week ago) and installed the docproj port (using WITH_OPENJADE
> > and JADETEX).  Although I thought I did a reasonable job of recreating
> > the environment from my old (4-STABLE) workstation, I can't build any
> > documents from the FDP docset.
>
> You need to deinstall (or fix) the xhtml-basic port.
>
> This bit me earlier today, but I figured it was just me, so didn't
> bother looking into it too far.

You da man!  Deinstalling xhtml-basic did the trick.

(Unfortunately I can't use the things that depended on it, but they're
all less important to me than being able to build docs, so I'll just
sort that out later.)

Thanks!

Bruce.