Doc BoF at EuroBSDCon

Murray Stokely murray at freebsdmall.com
Mon Dec 6 17:21:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 04:02:51PM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> The primer is already very out of date.  Once I offered to update
> it but that was too great a task and no one from doceng@ seemed
> as if they wanted to explicity point out the policy on issues.

Browsing through the table of contents and the first few sections, I
don't see any thing out of date.  No one has stepped forward to write
sections on DSSSL or XSLT, but I think it would be better to just have
pointers to more authoritative content for those sections anyway.

Please explain what is very out of date.

This still seems to contain the details of the necessary tools, an
overview of an SGML file, and how to edit the DocBook content with our
preferred style and wordlist.

It's recently been suggested that we add a section to the Primer about
not committing works in progress that are significantly beneath the
standards of the rest of our documentation set.

In the past, that is just something that mentors would explain to new
committers and that we'd all explain to contributors through the PR
system.

       - Murray