Questionable statement in article

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at chello.cz
Wed Aug 11 07:02:06 UTC 2004

# ges+lists at wingfoot.org / 2004-08-11 00:47:22 -0400:
> Roman Neuhauser said the following on 8/10/2004 3:25 PM:
>
> >   I see you mix "in BSD" with "for BSD" as you see fit for your
> >   argument. Yes, Apache *is* developed *in BSD*, besides other
> >   operating systems (and *for* BSD, besides other operating systems).
>
> Not intentionally, Roman. Don't see attacks where there are none.

    Please accepty my apology.

> So let's put the knives down and discuss things that maybe we can do to
> help encourage vendors to make their software available for BSD.

    No amount of armchair discussion will move a vendor to increase
    their development and maintenance costs by supporting more operating
    systems. You need to vote with your money, and make sure the vendor
    knows they lost a deal because of lack of support for your operating
    system of choice.

    That's about all I can contribute to this topic.

--
FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE
8:50AM up 53 mins, 1 user, load averages: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00